The global market for video measuring systems will grow as a result of the following factors: growing demand from the automotive industry; rising government initiatives to accelerate the process of digital transformation and widespread industrialization; growing adoption of noncontact measurement techniques based on computer numerical control technology; growing globalisation and growth and expansion of medium and small scale industries; growing upgradation of existing infrastructure with advanced systems and increasing penetration of advanced technologies like artificial intelligence; and growing globalisation.
Video measurement systems, often referred to as video inspection systems or video measurement systems, are highly developed precision devices used for precise, automated measurement and inspection of a variety of components and objects. These systems take exact measurements based on the visual data they gather by using video cameras and specialised software to take high-resolution pictures of things.
Features of video measuring system
- Digital Camera: Video measuring systems use high-resolution digital cameras to capture images of the object is measure. These cameras provide clear and detailed images for accurate measurements.
- Precision Stages: These systems often have motorized or manual stages with precise positioning capabilities, allowing users to move the object and camera to the desired location for measurement.
- Zoom and Magnification: Video measurement systems often come with adjustable zoom and magnification features, allowing users to focus on specific areas of the object for detailed measurements.
- Illumination: Controlled lighting sources, such as LED lights, are used to ensure even and consistent illumination of the object under inspection. Proper lighting is essential for accurate measurements.
- Calibration: Video measuring systems require regular calibration to ensure accurate measurements. Calibration typically involves comparing the system’s measurements to known reference standards.
- Measurement Software: Specialized software is used to analyze the captured images and perform measurements. This software provides various measurement tools, such as line, circle, angle, and dimension measurement, as well as geometric tolerance analysis.
- Automatic Edge Detection: The software often includes features for automatic edge detection, which helps in identifying the edges and contours of objects for measurement.
- 3D Measurement: Some advanced video measuring systems are capable of 3D measurements, allowing users to capture three-dimensional data for complex components.
Growth rate in video measuring system market
According to Data Bridge Market Research, the global video measuring system market, which had a market size of USD 6.2 billion in 2022, is poised for substantial growth and is projected to reach USD 16.09 billion by the year 2030. This growth is expect to be drive by a robust compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.4% during the forecast period from 2023 to 2030. The dominance of the “Hardware” segment within the offerings category is a significant factor contributing to this market expansion. Hardware components play a critical role in video measuring systems, as they encompass precision optics, sensors, and mechanical components that are essential for ensuring accurate and reliable measurements in manufacturing and quality control processes.
Benefits of Automated Video Measuring Systems in Quality Control
Automated Video Measuring Systems (AVMS) offer a wide range of benefits in quality control across various industries. These systems use advanced technology, including digital cameras and specialized software, to measure and inspect parts and components with high precision. Here are some of the key benefits of using AVMS in quality control:
- High Precision: AVMS provides extremely accurate measurements, often with micron-level precision. This level of precision is critical for industries where product quality and consistency are paramount.
- Speed and Efficiency: Automated systems are significantly faster than manual measurement methods. They can quickly capture and analyze data, leading to reduced inspection times and increased productivity.
- Consistency: AVMS eliminates human error and subjectivity in measurements, ensuring that the same standards and criteria apply consistently to all inspect components, reducing variation in quality control.
- Non-Contact Measurement: AVMS is non-contact, meaning it does not physically touch the parts inspect. This is ideal for delicate or sensitive components and reduces the risk of damage or contamination.
- 3D Measurement: Some AVMS can capture 3D data, allowing for a more comprehensive analysis of complex components, ensuring they meet specific dimensional and geometric requirements.
- Comprehensive Inspection: AVMS can perform multiple types of measurements, such as dimensional, geometric, and surface inspections, in a single run, providing a more complete assessment of a part’s quality.
- Tolerance Analysis: Automated video measuring systems can quickly compare measured data to specified tolerances, highlighting any parts that fall outside acceptable limits, which is crucial for quality control and defect detection.
For more information about market visit
Data Bridge Market Research’s reports offer valuable insights into various aspects of the video measuring system market. This includes market value and growth rate analysis, segmentation of the market into different categories, geographical coverage, and a comprehensive overview of key players in the industry. These reports go a step further by providing in-depth expert analysis, enabling stakeholders to make informed decisions. Additionally, they offer a detailed representation of production and capacity of companies based on geographical locations, the network layouts of distributors and partners, and a thorough analysis of price trends. Furthermore, these reports assess the supply chain and demand, identifying any deficits or potential areas for improvement in the market, offering a comprehensive view of the video measuring system market and its prospects.